Problem with 4 mo pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by enjoytheride, Nov 15, 2007.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    This morning I noticed that Dottie my 18 mos old who I think was bred on 7/15/07 was acting like she was uncomfortable -her tail was clampled down. When I lifter her tail, I found that her rear end had the bulgy look of a late pregnancy. Her ligaments are firmly in place, she might have been bred earlier but not by more than a week. She is eating normally and pooping ok althoug I think there was some mucus in her berries this morning (I don't know if it was Dot or Tim poop.) No sign of a bag.
    Tonight her tail is still clamped, she's still bulgy -her rectum is tucked well under her tail much more than normal. But everything else says no kids yet.
    Is this normal or not? Should I take her to the vet tomorrow? There has been no change in her situation all day.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    take her temp.

Sounds like she is just getting things ready but it doesn't hurt to be extra watchful just in case sickness is brewing or she is going to go early.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Her tail is up now but she still looks very preggy in her rear end. I can't think that she is really ready yet as her ligaments are totally normal -no looseness at all. But as this is her first time, signals may not yet be organized. I think I will get things ready just in case.

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    That's a good idea, also if she's a FF she could just be a little uncomfortable if she's carrying multis.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would say that she is fine. relly if she was bred 7-15-07,she really is getting close. 12-11-07, is her due date. So she should be getting ready.

6. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    She sounds like she may just be feeling uncomfortable due to the kids shifting about; at four months along those kids may be causing alot of discomfort due to kicking and turning! Take her temp, and just moniter her behavior closely...she may have been bred sooner than you caught.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i would say she is getting close. Some does lose their ligaments only a matter of hours before giving birth.

beth

8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Thanks for input- right now everything has receded a bit- she is not anxious any more and it does not look so immediate. But I got supplies out anyway- just in case.
    Why I persist in breeding them when I get soooooo anxious myself, I don't know.