The Goat Spot Forum banner

Problem with 4 mo pregnancy?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  enjoytheride 
#1 ·
This morning I noticed that Dottie my 18 mos old who I think was bred on 7/15/07 was acting like she was uncomfortable -her tail was clampled down. When I lifter her tail, I found that her rear end had the bulgy look of a late pregnancy. Her ligaments are firmly in place, she might have been bred earlier but not by more than a week. She is eating normally and pooping ok althoug I think there was some mucus in her berries this morning (I don't know if it was Dot or Tim poop.) No sign of a bag.
Tonight her tail is still clamped, she's still bulgy -her rectum is tucked well under her tail much more than normal. But everything else says no kids yet.
Is this normal or not? Should I take her to the vet tomorrow? There has been no change in her situation all day.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Her tail is up now but she still looks very preggy in her rear end. I can't think that she is really ready yet as her ligaments are totally normal -no looseness at all. But as this is her first time, signals may not yet be organized. I think I will get things ready just in case.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks for input- right now everything has receded a bit- she is not anxious any more and it does not look so immediate. But I got supplies out anyway- just in case.
Why I persist in breeding them when I get soooooo anxious myself, I don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.