The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe gave birth this morning and I didn't think she was going to and she has been in the pen with another doe and her kid, well it turns out that this other kid has drank all of new mommas colostrum before new baby could drink any, unless colostrum looks exactly like normal milk, new momma has no colostrum, what do I do.

·
Super Moderator
59,718 Posts
Colostrum generally does look like milk but can be very thick. Are you sure she has none at all? I would definitely separate them if you haven't already. The first colostrum is the strongest but the milk that mom is making through the first day is also colostrum so her kid should get some.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank goodness I was freaking out I always thought it was a yellowish color and I did seperate them

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thank you I cant keep her baby in her pen ( it follows around my boots but not my feet, and again born today and she follows me around) so I took the other does baby (who I also cant keep out) and put him in with the buck and see if he likes being in that "wrong pen" he is very stubborn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts