The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my new buckling breed my 4 month old doeling.. She is way to young, and really small. I do NOT want her having babies.. Is there anything I can do? I think someone said something about giving a doe "lute?" to keep her from kidding. Were can I get some? And when should I give it to her?
Also, I am going to be building a buck pen in about two weeks when my dad has 4th of July week off from work and can help me. I own nubians so I was hoping the girls wouldn't start coming into season until fall. So I thought I would have time to get the buck pen built, and my new buckling is only 3 months old, so I was really hoping he wouldn't know what to do yet... But I was very mistaken... :GAAH:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Are you sure he actually made the "connection" and wasn't just mounting her? You could get the lute from your vet if it's even needed......we'll see what others say :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just dewormed everyone on thursday. And it look like he got her good. I checked her pooch, she didn't look to be in heat, but she was very willing and kept following the boys around, acting very flirty. She might not be in heat yet, but is getting very close.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes you can get Lutalyse from your vet or I think vetserv may even carry it. You would want to give it to her at least 10 days after you saw him breed her.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
If you are going to go the lute route, you will want to wait until after you get the buck pen built. Lute will cause her to come back into heat, terminating the pregnancy so if you do it while the buck still has access to her it won't do any good. You can lute them at any time, so long as at least 10 days has passed. The reason you wait the 10 days is to give the egg(s) time to implant in the uterus, if you give lute before they have implanted it won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts