The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold this doe to a friend 2 years ago for $50. He has decided to get out of the biz and sent everyone to freezer camp, but said he didn't feel right about sending this girl. So today he just brought her home and set her out. Wouldn't take any money. He said she gave him 3 doelings and a buck. Now she is ours, big, beautiful, strong and pregnant from a dapple. My lucky day!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,279 Posts
What a pretty girl! I don't think I could put her in the freezer either.

That was great that you got her back. :)

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody, she is so thick, I have Kiko, savanna x boer, alpine, alpine x boer, Spanish, Pygmy pet and my Saanen sire, and they all pale in comparison to the true meat goat. Some are taller or longer, but pounds of usable meat on this girl is unreal, she has a full brisket.

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took a few pics of the girls today just to share. My Saanen sire was snow white 2 weeks ago, now my daughter describes him as a vile and disgusting creature. And she is right!

Attachments

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If my new boer has doelings, they will be of no relation to my Saanen sire. I can't wait to see the combo of boer meat body with giant Saanen skeleton and height. After next years rut it will be time to bring in a new sheriff , I am really leaning toward a Kiko x savanna buck. Introduce more size and some excellent parasite and disease resistance.

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Axykatt, the baby you are holding in your profile pic looks just like our office pet Mimi. She thinks she runs the shop and office, sometimes she comes to the office door for a/c and in the winter she likes the heat, oh yeah.......she's spoiled! Never an accident in the office, she is better than our house dog.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey Axykatt, the baby you are holding in your profile pic looks just like our office pet Mimi. She thinks she runs the shop and office, sometimes she comes to the office door for a/c and in the winter she likes the heat, oh yeah.......she's spoiled! Never an accident in the office, she is better than our house dog.
Mimi is adorable! What a clever girl!

The goatling is the illustrious Peggy Sue as a baby. She had a diaper bag, a baby carrier, and a portable playpen and she went EVERYWHERE with me until I moved to GA last year. Turns out they can spot livestock in an agricultural community! In CA I put her in a sweater and people just thought she was an eccentric pet. :cool:

·
RussellP
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She has lots of paint on her anyway, on her neck and shoulders and all 4 legs. So if this dapple buck, who is sort of moon spotted throws color and her already having paint herself, the kids may be polka dotted, lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts