Prom here..;prom there...prom everywhere

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatnutty, May 3, 2009.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Everyone seems to be going to prom and it made me think...my bf and I will have to go to prom 4 years in a row :hammer: ...(2 year differance in age)....lots of money spent on dresses and tuxes...yay :shocked: !
    On the other hand, I get to go to prom all 4 years of high school..

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That has to be exciting though.....most people... have one... :wink: :)

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah,We have two a junior and a senior prom....

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are very lucky.....I had one ....and that was a night to remember..... :)

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah, it is always a night to remember...weather good or bad...lol...last year my cousin got kicked out

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Wow! 4!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I still have a few years till prom...

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Me to...but he only has one more year till prom so I get to go then.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your cousin got kicked out.......Oh boy :shocked:

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah, she had been drinking at our other cusins wedding and then went to after prom when we begged her not too :angry: ....she got suspended for the rest of the year...and had to go to court...

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oopsie...bad decisions...hope she learned from that one...

Geez...four proms?! I think I'd be "promed-out" by the end of that...lol... :)

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow....I bet the next day ....she was embarrassed about it.... :hug:

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    No the next day she was just angry,lol. Yeah I think she learned. Now she can't go to prom this year.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's a bummer........... :( :help: :doh:

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I went my sophomore year with a Junior. And then I wasn't asked my Junior year:( and I didn't want to ask anyone. But, I did go my senior year with the last person on earth who I wouldn't have expected to ask me and I had a wonderful time. We are still friends today.

15. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ew prom.
    Lol.
    I don't think I'll ever go. Well, I do my school online but a couple girls from my old public school asked me to go. Proms are too preppy for me, atleast the one in our town always is.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My daughter just had her senior prom - She had a great time and what not - but it is getting so over the top with the costs associated with it all - we ended up spending over $500.00 for one night and one dance.

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :shocked: $500.00? That is crazy. We spent more this year on a dress for my daughter then ever before it was $93.00 for the material and a teacher at the High School wanted to make her a dress. She likes to shop the clearance racks and the most we ever paid was $30.00. I am lucky that she does not like me to spend much.

I just love seeing all the girls in those beautiful dresses and how handsome the young men are. It is amazing how they clean up.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh trust me - I was not happy about it.

The dress was only 100.00

But then it was getting the hair done, nails done, dinner, pictures, tickets (100.00 a couple), and then going out after - it was rediculous!

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH man. I do know a lot of kids that spend that. It is hard not letting them because it is PROM. My daughter last year went to a beauty school and had her hair done. It was $23.00, because it was students and they did a amazing job. I couldn't imagine $100.00 for pictures. We got a big packet and it was $42.00. Dinner she wanted to eat at home so that was cool, and the after prom, well she did not go because it was at a kids house and they were going to have booze there and she did not want to be around that so a bunch of kids came to our house and watched movies. My daughter is a very very cheap person. She hates when her boyfriend spends money on her. She never spends money, not my son on the other had is totally different, but he is learning now that he is in the Air Force.

Allison, can you post a picture of your beautiful daughter? We would all love to see her?

Just wait, if it was that for prom, wait for a wedding :GAAH:

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She can pay for her wedding!!! LOL!

She hasn't given us any pictures from prom and she was at her maternal grandmothers - so we haven't seen any pictures from before she left either - :hair: But don't get me started......