PROM!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Jeez, time for prom already! I really don't like getting prettied up and stuff, don't have a date so I'm goin' solo! I'll get you guys pictures of my ugliness later! Oh and wish me luck not to end up killing myself in these shoes!

2. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    I'm going Solo too! We should take a buck.I'm sure people would enjoy that. JK the smell would be horid!lol

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    LOL, if my buck was here yet! :roll: :wink:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Crissa, Don't talk about yourself like that. I know you are a very beautiful young lady. I have to say that those boys just don't know what they re mising out on. :shrug:
    We would love to see you two ladies all dolled up and ready for the big night.
    Please post pictures of yourselves.
    When is your Prom? My daughterss is the 19th.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Being homeschooled i never had a prom but thats ok. I would have loved to get all dolled up for an event though. Being in my sisters wedding I think was a good fix for that, but left me wanting to do it again.

I now have 2 dresses I just bought and now i need somewhere to wear them............ hmmmm

I love being a farm girl and I love getting dressed up and being a lady.

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I always felt kind of awkward in a dress as a kid-but it kind of felt nice as a teenager to get all dressed up for a dance. I went to Prom a few times-but made sure the guy asked me to it-I didn't like the idea of me having to ask them. I did ask a few to the Sady Hawkins dance though.

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks, I'll get you guys some pictures later. I'm sorry but I HATE getting dressed up and wearing heels and make up. :shrug: No idea why I just don't, I prefer jeans, T-shirt, and boots and never wearing ANY makeup. :roll: My mom tells me I stopped liking to dress up and wear makeup when I figured out I didn't need it. :scratch:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL I don't like getting dressed up either, I mean its fun, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. Jeans are just so much more comfortable. I still wear heels when I get the chance though :D

Have fun!!

9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Oh yeah, jeans are much more comfortable to sit in:). And you can go basically anywhere with them. Although I dont know that I like the idea that folks seem to forget to be formal at such places as churches and other events that one would think dresses and suits and ties should be worn. Like for instance I think it is crazy how many folks go to the grocery store in their pajamas and some even go in without shoes!

10. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Cool,we want pics of you guys! I should be going next year. I like to dress up every once in a while though. :greengrin: :p

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Did you have Prom this last weekend? If so where is the pictures?????????

My daughters prom is this Saturday.

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Prom was Friday for me. So yep I'm working on pictures now. :wink:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, did you have a good time? I hope so.

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Our prom is this Saturday! I'm so excited. I LOVE GETTING DRESSED UP FOR A CHANGE! It's just not practical for me to wear anything but jeans and a T-shirt. Technically it's not my prom yet, if it weren't for my boyfriend, Corey, we would be playing with this bottle baby in my lap on Saturday. I've been with him for 7+ months and he has NEVER seen me in a dress. LOL. And this dress is SO pretty! I can't wait to show you all! :stars:

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It was okay. Mainly watched my ex dance with almost all the other girls. I danced with two other guys. Although it was funny the next day my ex shows up at my house with a black eye. (after party) Teenage guys are such idiots. :roll:

16. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Ha Ha, isn't that the truth!!

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Tell me about it!LOL

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Anna, I hope you have a wonderful time. I bet your date will be rather surprised to see you all dolled up and so beautiful.
    My daughter and her boyfriend have been going out for two years in May. He is a wonderful young man, and we have so blessed to have him around.

Make sure you get pictures.

The best part of prom is that my husband is a teacher and we are in a really small school, so we are always chaperone's, so we see these kids every day in their t-shirts and jeans. so it is wonderful to see how well they clean up and how wonderful they all look. It is hard to see them because we have been here for a long time and I remember when they were in pigtails, and just cute little children, and now they are all grown up. :tears: WOW does that make me feel old.
    We told my daughter that we will not stay all night so she can have fun, but she has asked us to stay, she said it is no big deal. I am sure we will leave anyway.

19. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

let me tell you guys in their mid and late twenties arnt any better!
    beth

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    TRUE THAT!!!