..Protecting a pregnant doe..

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by foot, Aug 7, 2008.

1. foot

foot New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    ...Hi We have a young doe that we believe was bred by our herd sire one month ago. We would like to move her to a pasture with her "friend" Freebie, another young doe who is currently grazing with a new 5 month old buckling. Could this young buckling create any pregnancy complications for the young doe we believe is already pregnant??? He is a very mellow young buck so far showing little to no interest in the ladies. But we really don't want to jeopardize the young doe and any offspring she may be carrying.

..Foot..

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I can see no harm in putting her in that area with the young buck. he should be moved soon I would presume unless you plan to use him on the does who are going into that pasture.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I agree w/ Stacey....I don't see why not. I used to run my herd together which, at the time, was about 10 and had a young and old buck in the pen with my does...no harm caused. They all got together great and it's good for the bucks to be with the herd, unless you plan on breeding the does with a different buck. Best of luck!