The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first two goats to kid this year were first fresheners. They came through with flying colors but BOTH of them were late - days late. That is so unusual for these punctual little creatures. Especially considering one carried twins and one triplets.
Here they are:[attachment=1:3pfvo9qs]Martinibabies.JPG[/attachment:3pfvo9qs][attachment=0:3pfvo9qs]charbabies1.JPG[/attachment:3pfvo9qs]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,344 Posts
oh congratulations!!! :leap: Those kids are very cute

I hope to get a black doeling from Aspen --- hmmm maybe not because then I would want to keep it, scratch that -- LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

You may just get a black goat no matter what combo you've put together. The funny thing about these little ones is that neither their sires or dams are black. That is such a fun thing about Niggies - you never know what you'll get colorwise.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I thought I was going to get into more color when I decided to go with LaManchas-but so far they are all creme colored-well except for Scrumptious who is brown and white-but her coloring still isn't as exciting as it could be. And there's a good chance she'll have all white kids as she settled on the 2nd try with breeding to a Saanen buck. Last year I did have a doe give me an all black buckling-but they both left for a new home as she didn't look as nice as I would have liked her to look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts