Proud of our first fresheners!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Buckeye, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Buckeye

Buckeye New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Maine
    Our first two goats to kid this year were first fresheners. They came through with flying colors but BOTH of them were late - days late. That is so unusual for these punctual little creatures. Especially considering one carried twins and one triplets.
    Here they are:[attachment=1:3pfvo9qs]Martinibabies.JPG[/attachment:3pfvo9qs][attachment=0:3pfvo9qs]charbabies1.JPG[/attachment:3pfvo9qs]

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh congratulations!!! :leap: Those kids are very cute

I hope to get a black doeling from Aspen --- hmmm maybe not because then I would want to keep it, scratch that -- LOL

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They are absolutely adorable!! Congratulations :leap: :girl: :boy:

4. Buckeye

Buckeye New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Maine
    Thanks!

You may just get a black goat no matter what combo you've put together. The funny thing about these little ones is that neither their sires or dams are black. That is such a fun thing about Niggies - you never know what you'll get colorwise.

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I thought I was going to get into more color when I decided to go with LaManchas-but so far they are all creme colored-well except for Scrumptious who is brown and white-but her coloring still isn't as exciting as it could be. And there's a good chance she'll have all white kids as she settled on the 2nd try with breeding to a Saanen buck. Last year I did have a doe give me an all black buckling-but they both left for a new home as she didn't look as nice as I would have liked her to look.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! Beautiful new babies!!!! :D