Proven pygmy buck in PA

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by whatknott, May 24, 2008.

1. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I really must find a home for this nice buck. I have decided I don't want to breed any more. I feel bad he's kept by himself all the time too. I'm asking $75 for him, but will consider trades too - tell me what you have. He's naturally polled and throws all different colors but predominantly black and white.

2. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    photo didn't come through...trying again

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh he is really pretty --- though not pygmy. Maybe if you advertize him as nigerian dwarf (which is what he looks like) you might find a buyer as nigerians are getting popular in our area.

4. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    He has a little bit of fainter, a little bit of nigerian, but mostly pygmy; but if you think it will help, I'll advertise him with different wording - but honestly, he's mostly pygmy - the naturally polled came from the fainter line though

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe thats quite a mix. Well I will let you know if I hear of anyone looking for a buck.

6. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I got a tiny pygmy/nigerian cross buck once. He was white with a black head - all of his babies were colored the same. Then someone offered me a flashy black and white spotted fainter buck that was on the bottle. Took him to add color to my goats - but then I started having problems with birthing - he had bigger bones babies and the girls were having problems with birthing, so switched back to pygmy to get the finer bones again. Then when I got nice colors with smaller bones, I kept this buck. he's half black and half white thus the name: Half and Half