"Proven" Reg. Nigerian Buck For Sale January 09 - OR

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by capriola-nd, Oct 23, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We are about 98% sure we'll have to sell Camanna LK Royal Blue in the springtime. This fellow is "proven" (meaning he has live, healthy, and GORGEOUS kids on the ground). His daughters have not freshened yet but look like they will freshen with awesome udders.

I really, really do not want to sell him and it breaks my heart to list him here. I cannot handle too many bucks and we just might add two new ones to the herd, I for sure cannot handle three bucks. We have a lot his genetics too.

Lots of info is on our website. . . . I am in a bit of a hurry so cannot make this a very long post, but I am more than willing to answer any questions you might have. So, please, ask away! :D His four-generation pedigree is on our website along with photos of his dam. His sire is from the PromisedLand herd and recently passed away (due to health problems that were not genetic). So, Royal Blue is one of his last sons.

Oh, not only does he have terrific conformation, awesome bloodlines, and sweet, gentle personality, but also the pretty blue eyes!! ;)

Only thing I would change about him right now would be to level out his rump just a bit more. He is still growing though and has not fully matured so it may level out some more. His dam's rump was not the most level when she was younger but leveled out very nicely as she matured.

Price: $375

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is a better pic of his "rear" but it's a hairy one, just took it last week. He was standing on a hill.
    [​IMG]

Roy-Roy hanging out with his girls in the pasture
    [​IMG]

A few of his kids from this year - His kids all have AWESOME general appearance, very, very correct!! His offspring are very consistent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: "Proven" Reg. Nigerian Dwarf Buck For Sale Spring 2009 - OR

Do you know anyone that is coming this way that he can hitch a ride part or all of the way?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: "Proven" Reg. Nigerian Dwarf Buck For Sale Spring 2009 - OR

Um, I'm not sure. . . . I could check around but none that I can think of now. Sometimes there are people offering on CraigsList to transport or you could check out uship.com

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: "Proven" Reg. Nigerian Buck For Sale Spring 09 - OR

Royal Blue is very likely sale pending. . . . just awaiting the deposit. He'll be moving up north. ;)

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: "Proven" Reg. Nigerian Buck For Sale 09 - OR (sale pending!)

Wow,,,that was quick! Congrats on the sale pending! Where's he going??....if i'm being to nosy let me know, just curious, since he's moving North. :D

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

I don't remember the gal telling me exactly where she lived but somewhere near Snohomish? She said she bought a polled buck from a gal in Snohomish (I know of this breeder, I think she's the one that is 90 yrs. old). Anyways, the lady is really excited to get him and is hoping we'll be done using him sooner than March/April. She was really sweet. I LOVE people like that!! She said she spoils her buck too and he's as friendly as a puppy. I'm really happy about him going to her.

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Ok...very cool! Sounds like a perfect match! That's great! Sounds like he's going to be a very spoiled boy! I LOVE those kind of buyers. They just make my day. :cool:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: "Proven" Reg. Nigerian Buck For Sale 09 - OR (Reserved)

Okay, so I received the deposit today but the lady sent along a note with it stating her "conditions". She said that she would pay $350 for him and I will deliver him 160 miles roundtrip for $55 extra.

The only problem is that I spoke with her on the phone and told her I was not fully decided on a price for him as I wanted to see more offspring (see if he throws the same consistency). But that his price would be no more than $400. If he throws some more really awesome kids (very nice "track record" so far) then I'd ask $400, if not, then he'd be $350. Is that wrong of me to have not set an exact price for him yet?? Unfair?? He is OUR buck until March or April 2009 - shouldn't I be able to decide his price? Please let me know if this is unfair.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I can easily say that if I told someone on the phone I wasn't sure about a price yet and they sent a deposit and dictated to me what his price would be then I'd just happily mail that deposit back and be done with them. I think its better to have a price up before really selling him though. I would judge him by his daughters udders more than confirmation. I've got some super nice kids on the ground from some of my bucks but I still feel the real evaluation would be their udders. I have to wait another year or two for that. Those bucks are and will be gone in that time frame. Just my 2 cents. :)

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

He won't quite have a freshened daughter then. We plan to breed his daughter for June babies and this lady is going to take him around April.

I think he's worth the $400 right now. I paid almost $300 for him last year and that was as a baby buck! He was not even close to being "proven" and now is "proven" (with kids on the ground).

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I would probobly be having a converstation with the lady, but I don't "advertise" any thing for sale until I know exactly what I want to charge that way it is fair to everyone. Maybe she was just confused.... IDK

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, I talked with her and explained again why his price was not set. I told her he would be between $350-400 but I guarantee no more than $400 - she was okay with it, very nice!! :D So, that's all settled and "Roy-Roy" will be moving to an awesome new home in the spring! :)

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Glad it was just a slight misunderstanding! And glad to see him going to a great home :thumb:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Glad that everything worked out for you!!!

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Glad that you were able to get it worked out. Good luck.

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Due to a family situation, the lady that was going to purchase Roy had to back out, so he is once again available.

Asking $375 - He will be ready in early-January.

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    *bump*

I wanted to mention that if anyone here from TGS buys Roy I'll knock off $25. :D