~Pull up a chair....and come on in~ :D

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by NyGoatMom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    Main casting of the hay mower, was a rust ball, this is first coat of paint after rust removal and some major old grease removal!

image.jpg

I'll get a new pic of the goats here in a min.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow! That looks great.

3. sassykat6181

sassykat6181 Katrina

Nov 28, 2012
    Anderson, SC
  4. margaret

margaret merryoaks

Aug 30, 2013
    nc
    Never used it but if it works well it sure would be nice to have.

5. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Little-Bits-N-Pieces Active Member

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    Ok, in Fresno now, be back home in a couple hours. Update on Rogue, she's still doing good, but she's feeling that leg today. They said she keep trying to walk amd use the leg that isn't there. She's still drinking, so far the only thing she'll drink is water, she won't drink broth or anything else. Not eating yet. Going to the bathroom fine though. They made her a bed by the woodstove so she can stay nice and warm. Still nice and alert. Hopefully she'll be ok.

6. littlegoatgirl

littlegoatgirl Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Michigan
    I missed a lot so I skipped over some pages... Lacie, what happened?!

7. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    I'm so glad to hear that, Lacie. She's getting the best care.

8. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Do you have enough antibiotics? I would donate to help her, Lacie.

9. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    My daughters dog got ran over by a ups truck and long story short no vets would help her, and she has two less toes and one less leg. I did all I was able to do to get her fixed up, so we're just praying it's enough and she'll pull through it.

10. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    Thank you Danielle, they're getting a bottle of penicillin tonight, so she should be good. I appreciate the offer though!

11. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh no Lacie, that is terrible. I hope she will be ok.

12. HappyCaliGoats

HappyCaliGoats Active Member

Mar 19, 2014
    California
    Glad she is still ok Lacie, is will pm you later after I unload hay

Newbie to Nubian dairy goats! 3 Nubian does, 1 Nubian buck, 1 Pygmy doe, and 1 alpine/ guernsey wether! Plus the rest of the farm pets which would take the whole page to list :)
    ~Dee

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

13. dreamacresfarm2

dreamacresfarm2 also known as Mayia real life Cheri

May 10, 2014
    Oregon
    They might try some melted vanilla ice cream - I had s vet tell me it helps settle their stomach and gives little energy boost.

14. littlegoatgirl

littlegoatgirl Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Michigan
    Oh my goodness!!!!! Prayers! :hug:

15. HappyCaliGoats

Mar 19, 2014
    California
    My dogs love vanilla flavored stuff! Lol!

Newbie to Nubian dairy goats! 3 Nubian does, 1 Nubian buck, 1 Pygmy doe, and 1 alpine/ guernsey wether! Plus the rest of the farm pets which would take the whole page to list :)
    ~Dee

16. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    I'm back, Rogue seems to be doing ok so far. She keeps trying to get up and use her leg though, that can't be helping.

17. HappyCaliGoats

Mar 19, 2014
    California
    It should be fine, it's just a natural instinct, she will get it soon. As long as she's not ripping open stitches then she's ok, just keeping her muscles moving ;)

~Dee

18. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Lacie , can you fashion a splint ? Something that she can stand on and not affect the leg wound itself …..You will most likely have to fashion it around her good shoulder and attach to the bad legs shoulder…….i know that isn't clear at all , I'm sorry , i can't explain it well at all.
    Or , give her one heckuva cushion on that bad leg so she doesn't put any pressure on it. I would fashion rolled cotton around the whole entire leg and carry it down way past the stump ( if you will ) and just ball it up so she can't injure the end. I hated using the work stump , sorry :(
    Its going to be easier to do that then to keep her down , unless you put her in a small crate where she can't get up. I don't like the crate idea though……can you guys get her to a vet now for a check up on it or won't they see her now ? You did a fantastic job Lacie :)

19. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Hey Dee , what do you think ^^^^ ?

20. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    We might have to do at least some sort of cushioning. And nope a vet won't even see anything out here for a surgery aftercare if the surgery wasn't done by them.
    No one out here cares about the animal, only the money.