The Goat Spot Forum banner

38181 - 38200 of 48821 Posts

·
RussellP
536 Posts
The loose mineral I'm giving has minimum 1700 ppm and maximum 2100 ppm copper. Do y'all think that is enough to make a difference in the goats diet? What ppm do you look for in your loose minerals?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Ya, I did have to help her... Once she pushed him out again he presented a hoof and a nose then I felt with my fingers another hoof very far back and when I went to get it, I realized he was huge.... He was stuck for a few seconds until, she screamed and tore a bit... :(

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
So I've decided I need to quit my job in order to have time to show my goats... But then I won't have money to pay for the shows.... I have awesome show goats that I can't show... Such is life..

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
So I've decided I need to quit my job in order to have time to show my goats... But then I won't have money to pay for the shows.... I have awesome show goats that I can't show... Such is life..
:thinking: Would you rather have goats that were not good show goats and the money to show them, or awesome show goats and no money to show them?:D

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Lol such a hard decision... I need another Bloody Mary and a beer to answer that o_O

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Some kids like showing other peoples' goats. I think for 4-H? Not totally sure how it works but maybe you could work out a deal so your goats still get shown.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I heard that the goat has to be leased out to be shown by someone else so they can show "ownweship"??

I had to move all my goats bc Kat was being a pain... She was so noisy I had to put her in the buck pen and put the bucks in with Galaxy and put Temper and Franklin back in the kidding pen... Lol musical pens.... She's not thrilled about the new pen but at least she's away from the house and I don't have to listen to her scream... And Galaxy might get bred in the process lol

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
That was an ordeal... Now I have to go milk Kat into some water bottles because I will probably be taking this buckling to work with me... :sigh: why can't my goats just be goats?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Oh, Lacie, did you get a chance to look at those pix?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Why does this new buckling only take a few sips then try to fall asleep!? Stupid goat! Lol that's what I should name my next goat...

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Oh and about the showing thing, no you don't have to lease them. How do you think people get helpers at the fair at a moments notice? That'd be impossible to do if you have to lease them out for 20 minutes, since you have to send in a lease form to adga :lol: Pretty much anyone can show your goats as your agent.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Hmm... Interesting... 2 people told me they had to be " legally leased"

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Waiting for DH to get home.... he has my debit card and I can't remember the 2nd row of numbers, and I need to order some baycox right now, at this very second! :ROFL:

And I've been fixing ripped clothing all day... I don't know how to sew so great, so I stitched it like an animal :lol:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Hmm... Interesting... 2 people told me they had to be " legally leased"
No, pretty sure they don't. Kristi has other people show for her a lot, she brings all the does she wants and other people show who she and her sister can't.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Lol! That's what I do when something rips too!

38181 - 38200 of 48821 Posts