The Goat Spot Forum banner
38201 - 38220 of 48864 Posts

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I gotta go set up everything since I just switched everyone's pens....

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Why does this new buckling only take a few sips then try to fall asleep!? Stupid goat! Lol that's what I should name my next goat...
Maybe he needs "the squeeze" technique. It helps some foals that are born too fast or are delivered via C-section. Yours probably wasn't born too fast because he was big, but I bet some other kids might benefit from being "squeezed." It's all about neurosteroids....
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article10653473.html

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Lol! Haley, you can show my goats whenever u want! I just can't get the time off to show them...

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I had another doe to show y'all that I wanted to buy buy but then I realized she's American :(

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Yay! Glad you got a doe Skyla!!:D

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Just clipped Fancy.... hoping she looks better as a 2yr old. She looks a little gawky right now :lol: Hips are higher at the mo, and she has some spindly back legs :lol: Taped her teats so I can see where she's at, at 8pm she'll be at an 8hr fill which is close enough for me to tell, and that will help stretch her udder too.

Edna's doe kid is really surprising me though! She's long and deep, good style to her, I kinda really like her :) I attribute all her good looks to Moon though, as it is her granddaughter :lol:

I'm wondering if I should hold off and wait to breed this years doe kids though, leave them as dry yearlings maybe, as they're all April babies pretty much, and that would mean I'd have to breed them in novemeber-december.... :chin: Hate dry yearlings though, but I know I'll probably be doing that with Roxanne, she keeps having cocci issues, of course it had to be her, and not like Curly or someone I didn't want :( But I have some baycox on the way, and I'll be creep feeding her manna sub to get her to catch back up. She's a month old and is only about 20lbs :(
Orphan Annie is a day younger, and she's 33lbs now, Coups buck is a week younger than her, and he's 35lbs.
Fenris WOULD be bigger if he would quit trying to wean himself!! :GAAH: He literally only eats about 8oz 3x a day at most, this morning he only ate like 5oz, he's 2 months old, and 51lbs. His ticking me off with that :lol: But he looks great, not thin, so whatever, he eats what he eats. He already has a beard coming in though :lol: He's so cute.
Gotta get their creep area back together, they only had creep feed for like a week. Their weight gains are solely on milk and grass/hay.

Grats on the doe kid Skyla!

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
:stars: she's doing it! Kat is feeding her kid! And he found the teat all by himself! He's only using one side but I'm totally ok with that since I don't have a bottle baby now! I think I should donate all this milk to the animal shelter for all the kittens...

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Hahaha! Never act on impulses!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Lacie, I've been debating the dry yearling thing for the Nubian kids I'm getting. They're both April babies, and, of course, I want to make sure they've grown enough before I breed them, but I don't really want more April/May babies next year.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
By the way, when DH told me the goats had shade but were still insisting on frying themselves in the sun, I thought he meant they had MORE shade because he put a roof on the new shelter today. I was mistaken. Apparently, he spent hours getting the doors just right instead. Because it really matters that the doors look perfect and the windows are set just right :lol: Still, I really appreciate all of the work he's done, especially since I've been working a lot recently and haven't been able to help as much as I wanted to.

38201 - 38220 of 48864 Posts