The Goat Spot Forum banner
38241 - 38260 of 48864 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
That's entirely up to you. How much do you want your girls to milk? I personally like no less than 1.5 gallons a day, which is about 12lbs.
Others think a gallon a day is too much, some only want half a gallon a day. How much do you want? I can tell you the stats all day long and turn away 1000 does because they aren't what I would want, but what do you want?

And reading the milk scores is easy just click the USDA data link on the pedigree page, and it takes you to any available milk records. Where it says milk, it'll have the list of numbers, that is how many pounds of milk they milked at the time. Protein, fat etc %'s are right next to it.
Here's her dam, Cutie.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I'd like about a gallon a day.. It looks like she improved I. 2013 and hast been tested since?

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Nope, that was her last test. So for about a gallon a day, you may get that, but she seems to go down in production about 5-6 months in, and a good milker should easily go 8 months, average of 10 before being dried off. You're actually supposed to go 10 months for the tests too.

·
Haley
1,554 Posts
So Jill...you're a wizard! After only a couple of hours, her udder already looks eons better Dog Carnivore Fawn Terrestrial animal Dog breed Dog breed Liver Fawn Carnivore Wrinkle

Don't ask about the second picture...she seems to think that touching her udder is her cue to start flamenco dancing. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I don't like critiquing them when they aren't bagged up yet, so I'll hold off on that until she is. Unless of course she is already..... :shock: :lol:

And my does don't get gunk all over their paintbrushes, because they don't touch the vulva, so you don't have to clip those off :lol:

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Aww her poor little tail! Is she still faking you out?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Lol Lacie your just being mean now! I have never seen a nigi with legs that long!

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I hope I notice when Galaxy goes into heat so I know when to expect kids lol

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I do notice that nigis teats tend to point outward like that though

38241 - 38260 of 48864 Posts