48101 - 48120 of 48739 Posts

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
What's she milking this year?

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Coup? 3 gallons a day, same as the last 2yrs, same for Biagia too-- and I went and got two more milkers! I have a serious problem lol!!
Babette milks around 2 gallons, Delilah is at 2 gallons, Enchante is at 2 gallons peaked at 2.5 as a 3yr old, Hello is a yearling and was milking almost 1.5 and was dried early.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Dang!!
That doesn't surprise me, but I could really use a buck from lines like that

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
I can't seem to find does around here that milk like that.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Really good milk to, I generally hate goats milk, but actually like and will drink Coup & Enchanté's milk. High butterfat too, Coup has almost 5% butterfat, she's Advanced Registry, her dam was a Top Ten doe for production and butterfat too.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
If we could work out a transport other than air shipping, I probably would be interested in a Coup buckling.
I am planning to buy one more buck next year, to finish off my group of herdsires to work with, I'm just not completely sure where from.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
None of my current bucks are going to do a whole lot for milk production, and that's really something I could use a lot of

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I've been shipping puppies all year, so I've got a pretty good idea on shipping costs now, looking at about $400 air shipping.
Coup or Enchanté bucks would be good options for adding milk, butterfat, depth and length of body, stature & high withers, and level tops and rumps. I thought Enchanté was going to be steeper rumped than she is based on the pictures, but she's a lot more level than the pictures made her seem.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Maybe PM me. How much are we talking for a buckling from one of them?
I think I'd be interested, even with $400 for shipping

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Wow! It's been a while since I have been here! And nobody has commented since August so it seems appropriate for me to start a conversation! I'm thinking about getting an LGD.. I just bought 2 more does and my chickens are being pecked off by coyotes... they took the whole flock so I moved the chicken coop into the buck pen since I don't think coyotes can get in there... but I'm worried they will be more determined now that I have moved their midnight snacks in there..... what do you all have for LGD's? I can't have one that barks at every wind blow bc u still have the same problematic room mate and my neighbors are right next to my goat pen.. I know, I'm always looking for unicorns..

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Hey! I have pyr/Anatolian. I think any lgd breed is going to bark at some point. Mine are generally quiet unless they are barking at the deer, squirrels, anything on the other side of the fence that doesn't belong. And goodness, if the dogs elsewhere start barking or a fire truck goes by, they all join in the howling.

Lgds are a lot of work to train. I got mine as pups and they are just over 2 yrs and I can just now finally trust them with the goats.

Might be easier to secure your chickens better.

48101 - 48120 of 48739 Posts