The Goat Spot Forum banner

48301 - 48320 of 48739 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I hate facebook adds where the seller misrepresnts the animal as pure (insert breed). Then when questioned kids can't be registered because parents have no documented pedigree.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Ok. So if a person is wanting to register any animals purchase from you, they can't. So what is the term a buyer should use when looking for purebred goats that can be registered. Just trying to learn here.

·
Super Moderator
58,231 Posts
You have to see papers. Both dam and sire have to be registered. You need to walk away with either a signed over registration or properly filled out and signed registration form. You have to get it the same day you pick up the animal.

·
8,067 Posts
Did anyone see those goats that had to be rescued from the bridge overpass on the PA turnpike? Poor things! Look up "Goat rescue from PA Turnpike Overpass".

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Did anyone see those goats that had to be rescued from the bridge overpass on the PA turnpike? Poor things! Look up "Goat rescue from PA Turnpike Overpass".
I saw it on the news. It reminded me of a book like the goat goes to the city but then oops get stuck on an overpass:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I am not sure what about this i love more.... the lil engine that could just scootin round all by heself... or the lil legs under mamas skirttails.... or mama kickin everyone out Lol! Adorable! We have two turkey hens that started sittin on a clutch of eggs monday. :7up:. Cannot WAIT to see lil bug eyed babies and big gentle mamas nurture them!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I feel like it's been about 43yrs since I've checked in, so here I am, checking in! Still topside, working, same stuff different day.
How is everyone?
Hello:welcomeback:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Upright is good. I've been running around like crazy these past couple weeks, in and out of state, working a lot of double shifts (which I kinda despise lately), and this past week has finally caught up to me.... so, so very tired! I gotta put up a new fence tomorrow, just bought a bunch of new livestock panels to redo the goat pen fence, looking forward to no more kid escapees! No rest for the wicked!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
And bummer about the buck kids. It was pretty even here, 6 does 5 bucks. One of the bucks is no longer though, had to put him down after I got him out, he was one of Enchantés triplets and was one of the worst cases of tangled up kids I've ever dealt with.... ended up busting his right back leg at the hock when I was getting him out, so had to put him down, but she's fine and her other two kids are doing really well. Win some and lose some. Still now entirely sure how I managed to break his leg but at least I saved her and the other two.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a due-any-day doe who is as big as a house! I am hoping she does ok on her own because i have to work to support my goat habit!

48301 - 48320 of 48739 Posts