~Pull up a chair....and come on in~ :D

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by NyGoatMom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    It is funny. But, at the time I was a little worried. ( ok a lot) seeing an official postal cop and our local Barney .

The reason they are more diligent is due to some dumbhead mailing something to the White House
    ( missed that story) and it being an election year with all the uncertainty.

But now that a few days have passed, it is pretty funny! ( and I'm not in the slammer, so even better!)

I wish I could have seen their faces! :heehee:

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I would have loved to be there when they.opened up the "PEPE LAPUE" Buck rag!:eek::D..when that aroma hit!(rofl)(rofl) And they had.no clue what.:shrug:it was....lol lol. I think you should win. A SMELLY.BUCKRAG AWARD!...(rofl)(rofl)

Oh THANKYOU I needed that.laugh!

Goataddict and Iluvlilly! like this.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    They just aren’t fruits we like to eat or know how to handle very well. The only fruits that we grow and fully use are pineapples and finger bananas (occasionally some others like tomatoes and squash). Florida is pretty limited to tropical or semitropical fruits. Passion fruit with sugar sounds good, I’ll have to try it. Our neighbor is from Jamaica so she makes passion fruit/ginger juice that is good which is how we use most of the passion fruit now. She knows how to work with these fruits a lot more than us, so we just give everything to her and she makes it into things but we have too much fruit for that even. Ackee and fish also happens to be Jamaica’s official dish so that is where all the ackee gets used. Ackee is toxic until fully opens exposing the big black seeds so you have to be very careful. It doesn’t have a strong taste but definitely tastes more nutty than fruity. The only thing I’ve ever seen it used in is the fish dish I was talking about. Not sure if people use it any other way. It’s not common or sold at stores in America usually because of the toxicity if picked at the wrong time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  5. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Looks delicious I’ll have to try it sometime. So interesting learning about amazing foods from other countries that I wouldn’t know about otherwise. Thanks for sharing!

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

:hubbahubba: This is me when I saw that picture.

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Recipes please? Looks awesome....made me hungry!

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  9. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    this was on the Cleveland, Ohio News tonight. Makes me sick.

PARMA, Ohio (WJW) — Parma Police are asking for the public’s help to identify those responsible for a deadly attack on farm animals at a popular family attraction.

Volunteers spent the day trying to calm jittery animals at the Stearns Homestead, a 1850’s era farm operated by the Parma Area Historical Society
    The first sign that there had been trouble at the historic farm came on Sunday, when volunteers discovered a goat named Bert dead in a pasture at the farm. Then inside a small barn, they found Bert’s brother, Ernie, and five other animals suffering from slash and puncture wounds.

Two of them, a goat named Moose and a sheep named Billy were so badly injured, that they had to be euthanized.

Stearns Homestead volunteer Anita Cook wept as she told Fox 8, “I was horrified and then to find the rest of them in there, scared, I mean hiding in the corners because they didn’t want to come by anybody, it was hard.”

After ruling out an attack by a coyote or other wild animal, Parma Police now say it appears one or more perpetrators snuck onto the farm property on Ridge Road on Halloween night, and attacked all seven animals with a sharp weapon.

“When we look at the injuries, it’s consistent with like a bladed object, possibly a sword or knife, something like that,” said Lt. Dan Ciryak. “It’s speculation but, you know, it’s Halloween night and I’m guessing probably it’s some teenagers going out and thinking they’re being funny, and unfortunately taking it out on these animals.”

The Ohio Farm Bureau is now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the deaths of the three animals and the wounding of the other four.

“Honestly, I believe it was a two-legged monster or maybe several two-legged monsters that came here with malicious intent,” said Cook. “To hurt a defenseless animal is just horrendous.”

As a result of the attack, volunteers at Stearns Homestead have decided to install surveillance cameras to monitor what happens when they’re not at the farm.

10. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

:( This makes me hate everyone. You must be some kind of sick person to do that. I hope they find them and lock them up in a psych ward.

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    That's is AWFUL! Poor guys all scared! Those kind of people need what they did..done to them.

12. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    It made me sick. Those trusting goats (petting zoo) getting stabbed and mutilated.

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

My heart aches. Humans are not worth liking. History only shows how INHUMANE humans truly are. Its sick. Poor babies.

14. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

What the hell is wrong with people.

15. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    That story is so sad, I agree with @Moers kiko boars that the humans should have the same thing done to them...it's just plain heart wrenching.

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  17. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I was wandering the internet and stumbled across another site that was a forum and had goat info on it. The misinformation is incredible. I sure hope, when people look for goat info they come here, first. They said it was ok to feed deer corn to goats! aghhh! Actually, it isn't ok to feed deer corn to deer, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

I am so glad this is a site where people are not slammed when they ask questions like that other place. I was reading some of the stuff- very negative, etc. I've said it before, we are fortunate to have considerate and dedicated moderators and members and visitors that are polite and informative! :hug::nod:

18. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    (Clap)(clap)(clap) yay for TGS!

toth boer goats and Iluvlilly! like this.
  19. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I say (clap)(clap)(clap) for the moderators. 99% of the people here are warm and sharing from actual experience . They.are here to help,encourage, and support just like they were supported when they were new. So Thankyou to the Moderators..and the great 99%. :heehee: