The Goat Spot Forum banner

48721 - 48740 of 48750 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Hey you! I don't know if you know me, but I know of you from seeing old threads. :hi:
I don't think so, but I don't get on here very often so that's my bad! Haha!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Hey guys!! Miss talking with all of you! Been crazy here don't always remember to get on here... how's everyone been?

Hey, girl. Is your forum still up? I haven't looked for it in ages.
No, it's been down for quite a few years.... everyone kinda disappeared over there at the same time and the whole thing is gone ‍♀

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I want to know how you teach them not to butt the opposing team! No rearing and head clanging. Mine would lose interest in the ball and eat the weeds off the field.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Ok. So. A farmer three farms from us has three pygmies. Wethers. They play with a purple ball.he taught them about each getting a turn to head butt the ball and not each other. He has gotten as far as passing to each other. He uses treats. Its not 100%yet but you can see the idea. I want try get a video clip from him. But he is a very pvt person. I was thinking of trying to get him to help me train Destiny and Gizmo. Oh yes his ball makes a noise. Its a low tingle that it makes.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I love this thread..so full of info. So Im adding to it. 10 days ago my Roan Pony had twins. Shes a FF and had no clue to what to do. I watched her and she seemed to "get it". Then day 2, the 2nd twin didnt seem as well as the other. She was cold that morning, not laying close to mom or sis. I warmed her up. She got up.and.latched on to mom. All looked good. 3rd morning, little one was cold and looked thin. I got her warmed up and took her in the house. I now have a bottle baby. We started wiith 3 oz every 3 hours. That evening I go out to feed, Roan is down. 106.7 fever, her right udder is hard & hot. I start her on Bactricillin, Cpmk, and 5k vit.C. & nutri drench. Her left udder is good still feeding 1st twin. I have 41 other goats to tend to, a horse , 5 dogs ,and a husband. Sooo my stress level has jumped. Im calling Anderson ranch, goofy goat, bacchus aprons, and begging for help. They all jump in there shareing experiences and hope. It took 4 days. Roan is eating her hay & grain. Ive massaged and milked her udder to appear even on both sides. I massaged with teatree oil and virgin olive oil. Ive learned to.milk blood, cottage cheese and liquid every day. Im exhausted, and I am finally getting results. The smallest twin has began to gain weight. She is 5.6 lbs. Im taking her to a vet Wed. for a Bose shot. Her stifle is popping in & out. At least her legs are continuing to get stronger. She is on 5 ozs every 4 hours. I take her outside every chance I get. She smells the grass, but not wanting any yet. Ill offer a tiny amount of cobb, but not interested in any yet. I feel Ive learned alot, but way over my head too. Its been frustrating and tireing. I forgotten what 8 hrs of sleep is like. In fact on Saturday, I wake my hubby at 5:15 a.m., stated you late for work. :eek: He laughed said its Saturday...I thought it was Friday. Boy did I feel stupid. So now...I dont know what day it is😁. If I sound cross or agitated...I apologize, im just going without sleep, running on coffee, and confusion. I just want to say Thanks for listenening & letting me vent.

Attachments

48721 - 48740 of 48750 Posts