The Goat Spot Forum banner
48801 - 48820 of 48864 Posts

·
Registered
Myotonic and Nigerian dwarf goats
286 Posts
Hes done it all, taught 4Hers how to show. Hes been leased by so many kids! Costume classes and fairs, he been to every fair ive ever been to aside for my last year! He deserves to have a big deal made for him.
He sounds like a true gentleman! If you don’t mind me asking, can you post a picture of him and the doe you have? id Love to see them!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,273 Posts
So today when I got home from delivering two kids to my first buyers, I went down to the barn and sitting under one of the goats' sleeping platforms was one of our white meat bunnies. Normally all of our meat rabbits are safe in their tractors so seeing a little white bun just lounging in the barn certainly was a surprise.

Sure enough we had a whole litter escape from a tractor. 😳

The wire floor had become detached from the bottom and they had all left. Miraculously, we found/caught all six of them. Two of them were in the does' barn, one was in the buck barn, another was in our alternate buck pen, and one was just sitting next to the tractor. We had no idea that they would be as tame as they were. Unfortunately, the sixth was killed likely by one of our LGDs. It didn't have any visible wounds so we think that our LGD probably didn't kill it on purpose, but we don't really know. I just can't believe we recovered all of them! 😅 We beefed up our tractor bottoms so it shouldn't happen again!

·
Registered
286 Posts
So today when I got home from delivering two kids to my first buyers, I went down to the barn and sitting under one of the goats' sleeping platforms was one of our white meat bunnies. Normally all of our meat rabbits are safe in their tractors so seeing a little white bun just lounging in the barn certainly was a surprise.

Sure enough we had a whole litter escape from a tractor. 😳

The wire floor had become detached from the bottom and they had all left. Miraculously, we found/caught all six of them. Two of them were in the does' barn, one was in the buck barn, another was in our alternate buck pen, and one was just sitting next to the tractor. We had no idea that they would be as tame as they were. Unfortunately, the sixth was killed likely by one of our LGDs. It didn't have any visible wounds so we think that our LGD probably didn't kill it on purpose, but we don't really know. I just can't believe we recovered all of them! 😅 We beefed up our tractor bottoms so it shouldn't happen again!
Oh wowzers! I don’t know if I can speak for anyone else but I’d love to see some pics of the bunnies! 😂

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey, would someone go read my reply in the help thread and tell me if I was too abrupt? Years of being blown off after spending hours typing out instructions has kinda soured me for people like this one.
No, I don’t think you were too abrupt, I also wouldn’t waste my time typing out instructions if the goat is just going to be dispatched. I hope that didn’t sound rude 😬

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,273 Posts
I know why your bunnies escaped! Peter Rabbit dispatched a message that the grass was greener on the other side.
This has got to be it! We have so many wild rabbits right now that one of them must have plotted the escape!

Wild rabbit to the meat rabbits, "Hey, why are you in there?"

Meat rabbit, "... In where?"

😂

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I’m actually worried about this same deal with my turkeys and the wild turkeys we have around here.
-Why do you stay in that fence? You could just fly right over and join us.
-I’m in a fence?
Then cue the chaos.

@goathiker I didn’t think you sounded rude. I read that before I read your post here and my only thought was it was nice of you offer to go into detail to help if it was wanted.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Annabell’s seller is having a vet come to take some blood to see if anything physically is wrong, she was getting a bit better but went back down hill, not wanting to petted and lookin depressed, I just don’t know what could be wrong 🤷‍♀️ she was perfectly fine with her first kids being sold, I guess this kidding was just hard on her. pretty Much all her symptoms lead me to depression, let’s just home if it is something physical it is something that can be treated 😞

Reactions: Iluvlilly!
48801 - 48820 of 48864 Posts