The Goat Spot Forum banner
48821 - 48840 of 48864 Posts

·
Registered
Myotonic and Nigerian dwarf goats
286 Posts
Our outside dog likes to tease my father’s hunting dogs she’ll run up to the fence bark and the run away like “ you can’t catch me!”

Reactions: FizzyGoats

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,703 Posts
@R.Williamson Hey lady! Long time no see! Glad you are here. So much has gone on, and things are getting better. Always better when more of my supportive teachers come back to TGS!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Random musing alert.

Do you ever find that you have a weird habit that annoys you? So basically, you annoy yourself and stop…Without thinking, you’re back to doing said annoying habit in minutes.

I just realized today that when I run the tractor, I sing, well I belt out tunes in what could loosely be called a musical fashion. Not cool songs either. Today I couldn’t stop singing the ten (probably wrong) words I know to the old song Camptown Races. I might need help. And if I’m honest, it’s not just when I’m on the loud tractor.

Last night when sweeping out the goats barn, I kept singing parts of Bohemian Rhapsody.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Every one is a critic.

My goats ignore me completely. They think it’s normal for these strange noises to come out of humans. My embarrassing moment came when I was signing my heart out and heard this voice, a small voice but obviously in the barn. Then I remembered we have a camera in there. My husband got on to ask me something about our old dog’s medication, but the only thing he ended up asking through the little camera speaker was, “Were you just singing Queen?”

·
Registered
281 Posts
It has been ages since I have logged onto the forums. My computer died in flames ( literally , it had flames shoot out the back). I can't really use my phone to access things very well as the writing is too small and I can't type very well on the things.
Anywho, finally back. We managed to get a well on our property , which was a huge achievement. We had just sort of given up and decided to aim at rainwater harvesting but.. we finally got in touch with a driller and they had the well done within 2 days of calling us. We finalized the house plans ( we are building it ourselves from the ground up). Managed to get the power company out and blessedly they will be running a 1200ft right of way at no charge to us.
I had sold all but 2 of my goats a while back, well I brought most of them home recently. We are still on the half acre of land for the moment, but that should be very short term at this point. We will be on our own property ( 10acres) before Christmas if things continue to go as planned.
I just figured I would pop in and give an update and basically say , "Hey! I'm still kicking!" lol. I have a feeling our goats will love this place
Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Attachments

48821 - 48840 of 48864 Posts