The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought you all might like to see some pictures of the Angus herd. I also have a question.

We have a bull named Two Ton Tony. He is HUGE, comes from decent lines, and makes some great calves. But the best part about him? He’s an absolute doll! He lets the calves climb on him and try to nurse him (lol). He never argues or causes problems when the anyone goes in the pasture or when we sell calves. We all hand feed him stuff out of the garden all the time. (That being said I would never trust him, he is a bull after all). He was never bottle feed, nor handled. Has anyone else had an actually nice bull like this? Maybe it’s not that uncommon, but I’ve never seen a bull as sweet as him, especially an Angus. We’ve been talking about butchering him for years, but we can’t bring ourselves to do it. [
Eye Vertebrate Working animal Grass Terrestrial animal
Natural environment Natural material Grass Natural landscape Working animal
Sky Cloud Working animal Bull Natural landscape
Sky Plant Cloud Working animal Natural landscape
Hair Eye Vertebrate Working animal Human body
Plant Working animal Grass Grazing Natural landscape
Sky Plant Cloud Working animal Tree

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
What a nice looking boy! Did you know that the angus association is now keeping track of docility and adding to their EPDs? I sure like that because angus seem to go one of two ways, very laid back or run for the fence mean lol we bought 2 a few years ago, Ricky is so nice. Not overly touch me type but one day I getting hay to feed and felt something touch my butt. I thought it was one of the dogs sniffing me so just swung behind me and came in contact with something large, it was Ricky lol he was just wanting a hand out. The other one was kinda sketchy but never out right attacked anyone until recently. My dad last night asked me what horse of mine would do we’ll gathering a mean bull. My reply was my old mare because I’ll bring my 243 along as well and gun shots don’t bother her
So keep him as long as you can. Just knowing he will not flat out be mean is worth so much. Other then the jerk the other 7 bulls are so laid back and 2 enjoy their scratches. I much prefer that over this nightmare ahead of me lol

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it’s pretty we’ll decided we will never butcher him. We all love him too much!

One of his sons was an absolute jerk. He kept breaking out of the fence running around peoples yards. He was sold very quickly lol.

I’ll have to look into that study.

Stay safe will catching that bull! I would bring a gun too!

Reactions: friesian49

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Just be careful because even the sweet ones can get testy when they get older. I had one that I could sit on and we laid together and ate potato chips together after our yearly cattle drive. He got very set in his ways and if we tried to do anything with him he started to get easily annoyed with us. He may never get to that point but just keep a eye on him as he gets older.
Oh yeah I am not looking forward to dealing with that bull. But my old mare is fast and I have a very protective Queensland that is our enforcer. We don’t use him often because he is so aggressive but with situations like this he is worth his weight in gold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts