The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for advice from anyone who has experienced puppy strangles. We rescued a pup who we were told had a snake bite. She was in very bad shape. We took her to the vet, and it turned out to be a autoimmune disease called puppy strangles. I am confident we have the right diagnosis, however we are seeing very little improvement. We were told that one treatment is usually sufficient for treating this, and we are now on the 3rd. She is getting steroids and antibiotics. I'm still not happy with where she is at, and we are halfway through this round. Any thoughts to what else I can try? She is getting Prednisone and Amoxicillin. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only one close (1 hr away) only does acupuncture and chiropractic in addition to standard practice. I have what I would consider the best books written on naturopathic healthcare for pets, and none of them touch on this topic. I guess it's quite rare according to the internet. I was thinking about doing a telephone appointment with a naturopathic vet. Being that I already know what it is, I don't need a diagnosis, just advise how to treat. That was going to be my next step. If anyone knows of one they would highly recommend, I would appreciate the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts