Pure black alpine

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by peggy, Nov 22, 2010.

1. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Does anyone know of any websites that shows pictures of pure black alpines??? This seems to be a rarer color than the usual cou blanc, etc.

2. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    is it similar to what we (aussies) refer to as the Australian Melaan?

3. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I know a breeder (no website) that says hers are reg. purebred alpines. I googled these melaans and they are beautiful goats.

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I saw one before...UGH I dont remember which website but she had ONE alpine doe that was all black and so pretty!

5. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks Laura

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    prettysure that brandt and hoach have a nicedoe too

7. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Wow, thanks so very much guys for the sites. Beautiful goats. I will bookmark them for future reference. I have a chance to purchase a pure black buck to upgrade my grade alpines. I haven't recieved the info from the breeder yet but am anxious to see his lineage, etc. Thanks again.

8. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Ah... nice black alpines... I love black goats. But I think I would miss the white in my alpines... love the black and white looks.

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    My friend has a black alpine, and it might be a little more common than you might think. *wink* It seems a lot more common to get one when you breed one to a regular colored goat (not having broken white on it). She ended up with one solid black doe kid when she bred her black buck to one of her does this year.

10. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks Lexi and Dreamchaser for commenting. Lexi, I know what you mean about the colors. I like all the colors of the alpine too but thought the blacks were kind of neat and I have never owned a pure black goat. Dreamchaser, it is so common to associate the alpine with the cou blanc markings that anything else seems uncommon. lol....