The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed when I was looking at my moms goats today that some of them had PURPLE udders, is that an issue?? Is it normal????

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Purple? Is it the skin? Do you think they got into something? If they had staph infections your mom may have sprayed their udders with BlueKote - That's purple...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purple? Is it the skin? Do you think they got into something? If they had staph infections your mom may have sprayed their udders with BlueKote - That's purple...
Blueish purple, they are in a pen!!!!!! She didn't spray them with anything!!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Bluish purple. Oh my. That does sound like it could be very serious. Are the udders and/or teats cold to the touch?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My alpine's udder turns a darker shade that almost looks blue/purple when she is out in the sun a lot. She is milked daily- it's just her udders way of tanning. Pictures would help to diagnose better.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Phew! Yep completely normal! Don't be sorry. Be happy it was something normal and not something devastating! If you hadn't posted and it was something bad, she quite possibly could have had dead, or very sick goats! Hurray for healthy udders!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
OOO, look at those tan lines!!!!! she looks Boer-Boer cross? if so it is just her pigment! Boer breed standerd calls for good pigment- dark tail web, AKA dark skin under the white hair, it looks light until suntanned!!! (pic of my dog to illustrate)
tan lines.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts