The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y’all, I’m a little new to these forums I’ve never posted before so bare with me. We have owned 2 Pygmy goats for over 6 years and last week we got two new Nigerian dwarf goats already both aged at 1 and 2 and one is the mother of the other. I was wondering if this is fine for both goats to be living together in the backyard, we have about 2 acres of land for them. We don’t milk them or anything like that they are just pets. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for their living situation. They are slowly getting used to eachother but whenever they are close the mom pushes the Pygmys away and sometimes tries to headbutt them with their horns. They are all 4 living in one fenced off space and they split in to pairs and separate a lot trying to be away from eachother. They don’t make any noise tho unless hungry but I hope they get along better. Thank you and appreciate all replies!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures, you can barely see the pygmys but we’ve had them for a long time and they are no problem and are family at this point

Attachments

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:cowboy:
They will eventually get along. Mama just protecting her young.

Reactions: mariarose
1 - 5 of 5 Posts