Pygmy buck free to good home after recovery

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by getchagoat (Julie), Oct 6, 2007.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Our original 2 pygmys are coming back to us, but we will need to find a home for the buck. He use to get in with our boer girls, so that's why we sold him the first time.

Anyway, found out today he got bit by a neighbor dog in the throat. We are taking him since we are use to the medical care of goats and his owner isn't. He has a better chance here with us. But once he's healed or well on his way, we need a new home for him.

He is a white with black markings commercial pygmy and right around 3 years old. Loves the women.

2. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Apparently the bite isn't deep at all and happened last Sunday. I'll be picking him up Wednesday and have one local person interested, but he would have to be banded to go there. So if anyone else is interested, let me know.

3. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Oliver seems just fine. The bite was actually on the sides of the neck, dog coming from above him after Oliver had head-butted him to the ground. So, we are just going to give some Nuflor for good measure and he is good to go to a new home. He does like to headbutt. I'm going to start trying to break him of being so bad about it.

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Good!! I am really glad to hear that it wasn't severe :D

5. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Brad is training Oliver not to headbutt. heehee And the local guy just bought his 11th house so he can't take on more goats. So, Oliver is available to a good home. He is a breeder!

6. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Yeah! Oliver is supposed to go to his new home Friday. Little Lucy will be able to go in with the boer doelings and get out of the barn!

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    So you found him a home...if something happens and it doesnt work out let me know because I'd be interested. :D

8. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    No problem. I'll let ya know.

9. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Well, Oliver is off on a camping trip this weekend with a family and 2 dogs. Poor dogs...hope he doesn't hurt them. :)