The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a pair of pygmy goats that can breed to adopt. I want to look vist them before I adopt them and I live in the bay area california. I want them to have carmel coats as well. Where would be a good place to find a pair of pygmy goats?

I also want to know how much land would they need to be on so that I don't have to feed them grain.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I would check the "breed registry" http://www.npga-pygmy.com/ for Pygmy's and look for their member websites. I would post a wtb ad on craigslist, also.

Do you want registered goats or not? Are you familiar with the breed? I have Nigerian Dwarf goats. So, similar size. How big is your place? I have 7 does with kids in a pasture that is 100'x120'. They don't haven't eaten all the grass out there yet...but...I supplement alfalfa hay because, well they are production does. Do you want to breed or just for pets? I don't think that Pygmy goats need grain at all if they are not pregnant or nursing. Do you have winters? You may need to feed hay in the winter (depending on your area).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts