The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a mama & baby pygmy goats about 4 months. Then just this week I got a young female Nigerian dwarf goat, full grown I think. Sweet as can be! But my mama pygmy goat is bullying her! I can't get her to quit. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
58,938 Posts
Make sure you have plenty of feeding stations. Make sure the new goat can get away from mom. They will have to eventually work it out but in the mean time you need to make sure that your new one can eat and drink and rest.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Agreed. Once they get the pecking order...in order...they should start to get along better. Make sure they have plenty of room to get away from each other and different feeding areas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Yes I've made sure that they have different feeding areas & room. Its just that they are my PETS & I guess I just hate seeing them not get along. Its hard for me to even pet the ND without pygmy mama trying to run it off. The ND is smaller & will not fight back. I understand it'll take time tho & I really appreciate everyone's replies! I may be back soon with more questions as I'm still a new goat mom :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts