Pygmy Pooch Test

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Janne, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    My pygmy goat, Zoe, is due to kid today. I've had her in her birthing pen for several days now, just in case. As per my custom, I'm a nervous goat mama and I must ask 50 billion questions. Well, today it's just one.

Do you think she'll kid anytime in the next 48 hours? (I have the next two days off and I REALLY want to be here for this kidding since I missed her last one.)

Her belly "dropped" about two days ago, but her milk bag is still pretty small. But with her last kidding, she didn't fill her bag until probably right before she kidded. I'd been checking daily, but hadn't that morning. When we came to the pen and found the baby, she had a full bag, so I dunno... Anyway, picture time:

[​IMG]

Pic One

[​IMG]

Close up

[​IMG]

Overhead shot (excuse the state of the porch, we've been buried under snow for weeks)

[​IMG]

Overhead shot #2

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions? Martini?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hmmm her pooch isnt looking ready to kid anytime soon.

Are you positive on her breeding date?

3. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    Pretty sure. I might be a day or three off, though. Math never was my best subject... October 1, 2009 was her first day of breeding. We tried a couple more times after that, too, just to make sure.

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I agree with stacy.
    If you are going by her earlier due date, so doesn't look like will kid any time soon . . .
    Do you know the date of the second breeding? I would stick closer to that one . . .

5. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    I can't find where I wrote down her other breeding dates, just the first one. Poop... and here I was hoping it would be soon.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if she has more then one breeding date then she 9 1/2 times out of 10 took at the later breeding date

7. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    Roger that! I still haven't found my paper with the dates on it (note to self: it's called a calender, invest in one).

Either way, my special lady is still getting the five-star treatment... but I just like spoiling her. ;) She's very lovable.

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Keep spoiling her, I'm sure she appreciates it, and mid March will come sooner than you think. :)