Pygora Goats in PA and Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by whatknott, Mar 2, 2008.

1. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hi everyone - I've met Stacey Roop through her search for a white lamb for her church and then I found out she's active with goats. I've been raising goats for about 25 years, mostly pgymies. Our main business is a traveling petting zoo so we raise some babies every year and bottle raise them so they can tolerate all the petting they have to endure. I'd like to find one or two cute pygoras (some cute ones were posted recently!) but they need to be fairly close to Philadelphia area. Wethers are fine, but they have to be dehorned, and bottlefed. If anyone has some young ones that they are willing to sell for me to bottlefeed, that is fine or any older ones that may need homes too, I'd consider.
    Martha Knott/www.whatknottfarm.com

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!!

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Good Morning Neighbor! Well sort of. I'm in Middletown, PA. We just had a little Pygora boy born and two more does to freshen, one soon and one in May. Oops someones calling me from the barn...gotta go. Di

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wouldn't you look at that a pygora breeder already answering you :leap:

welcome Martha :greengrin:

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome!!! I am glad you came to join us!!!

7. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hi Di- might be interested in a pygora wether - but I need to bottlefeed it so it can tolerate all the petting in a petting zoo. Can you let me know what you have and if you are willing to sell me one so I can bottlefeed it? Thanks. Not sure where Middleton is (Lancaster county?)

8. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Hi Martha, I live in Pa too. I live about 2 hours away from Philly. Middletown is really close to the capital of Pa. Harrisburg Pa. I think it is only a 15 minute drive from Harrisburg. She is probably about an hour and 1/2 away from you. Hope this help. Welcome to TGS.

9. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Goat fever - do you have any pygoras for sale?