Pymgy Goats? Or Nigerian Mixes - **Pictures Added**

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Epona142, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I am talking to the owner of these goats, she has several does for sale. Do they look like Nigi/Pygmy mixes to you?

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/grd/991487462.html

They are kind of wild, so I am not willing to pay any large amount for them, but maybe she will want to trade for some chicks.

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Re: Pymgy Goats? Or Nigerian Mixes

Yep, they look part Nigerian to me. Lots of color there!

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

I agree with Di, they look like mixes IMO. I like the tan one with the black on his back half :greengrin:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yes they look like mixes.

if you are thinking of getting any I would go with the new babies as they would be less skittish if you get them now (unless they are being raised by skittish moms).

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Yeah, they definately look like nigerian crosses to me. Looks like most of the dams are pygmies and the buck is a nigerian? They are cute!

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

That's a darn good idea Stacey. The lady says they aren't pets and are all a bit spookish, but I imagine babies would be a bit easier to tame. Hope and Uno were wild as wild can be when I got them, and while my patience worked out in the end, I do remember how long it took! The babies are very pretty as well, the doe looks too much like Hope, I like color. :greengrin:

I'll let you know what happens.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

They are cute....and nigi mixes, even the doe looks nigi.....lots of colors too.

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

She hasn't e-mailed back today, but she might later. I'm feeling kind of down so I don't know if I will be getting any of them. Just depends on a number of factors I guess.

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Yes, I would say nigerian mixes. They are really cute!!!! :) Babies should be easier to tame if you spend a lot of time if them. :wink:

10. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Well she is holding two for sure for me right now. A doe and one of her kids. The doe is what horse people would call a buckskin, with a big lovely udder, and the doeling is the black with white spots in the picture on the ad.
    She had tons of goats, and some really nice ones, although they were all healthy and happy. I was tempted by the doe in the picture, but she looks too much like Hope and has a small udder. I am going back, probably on Tuesday, to take another look and possibly pick out a third doe, as it got dark really fast and I didn't get to look at all of them.
    I am still feeling down about what happened to Luna, but I can't let it stop me from moving on.

And I just have to say . . . oh my god the kids were SO freaking cute. I can't wait for Hope to have hers and to bring home the little black doeling with her mom.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Pymgy Goats? Or Nigerian Mixes - Bringing Home Two

Awww, I'm so happy you decided to go for it! We absolutely must have piccies when you get them settle in, ok? :hug:

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I would never deprive you all of pictures. :hug: It may be a bit, as I think the babies are only a month old and she doesn't want to separate them yet of course, but on Tuesday when I go to take another look I will see about getting some pictures.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

That is wonderful. I hope it all works out.

I am sure if the doe is a little skiddish you will have her eating out of your hand in no time.

14. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

You're right, I know we'll be best buddies in no time. Hope and Uno were super wild when I got them, but thankfully I have the time to sit out there and make friends.

I forgot to mention some stuff though. The buckskin doe has triplets on her, and they were the three largest out of the kids. The owner says she ALWAYS has big healthy kids with no problems what soever. The other two kids were bucklings, I sure wish they had been doelings. But the little black doeling was just gorgeous, big and robust, nice loud scream when I picked her up haha.

Still not sure if I will get a third, I will decide after I go back and look at them in the light.

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

That's great! They sound wonderful!

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Woo-Hoo!!! :leap: Yes, we will need PLENTY of pics!!!!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh thats great to hear. :thumb:

18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

That is very exciting and I'm very happy for you! :D

19. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Well here are the pictures. I ended up picking out a doe about the same size as my Hope, with a nice big udder.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

I also picked one of her kids, a doeling. Not the best picture though!

[​IMG]

And finally, I picked out the most beautiful little tri-colored doe! She is about a year old and I posted a thread in Kidding because I think she's pregnant. She also had the funniest sound! Hubby actually insisted we pick her instead of a tri-colored kid because of the way she sounded.

[​IMG]

What do you think? They are a steal, and very cute.

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh adorable!!! I much rather adult goats then kids

That kid looks like my Jitterbug!