question about 2 of my babies

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by FarmGirl18, Feb 26, 2008.

1. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    One of my sets of Boer twins a week old have developed some pus filled bumps on their bottoms, under their tail. Have any idea what they could be? I checked their temps and the boy's was 103 and the girl's 102.7. They do act like it bothers them, they flip their tails alot and the boy holds his down most of the time, other than that they are acting normal, eating and playing. Any help would be appreciated!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well, not as bad as that but yes similar.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that was Mason last year. IT got really bad and I treat him with:

Tea Tree Oil
    nfs puffer

Oh and something else - need to check my records

I treated him like twice a day - It took 2 weeks to clear up

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Did you ever find out what it was? Or what caused it?

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    unfortunatly no.

BUT his sibling the previous year (same mom, different dad) had the same thing. So I will see if it happends again this year - if so I know it is genetics and I will have to not breed the mom anymore.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    what is the nfs puffer???

I believe one of my little (ok big and fat) pygmy have the same thing. I noticed it Sunday on him.

8. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    I have had something similar happen a few of my babies last year. I think we decided it wasn't the same as Stacey's. It wasn't nearly as bad... just several bumps with pus in them. The older moms got them on their ears as well. I treated theirs with antifungal cream, and it went away in a few weeks. I wondered if maybe it's not actually some sort of virus mine had.

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They have pretty much all gone away now. Don't know what it was, maybe bites of some sort. :shrug:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Wow, that looks really painful.

If that was one of my goats, I do believe I would have a vet look at it and make sure the others will not get it, and see just what it is. I know my vet would take a sample and send it to the big Vet school here in Co.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori I actually may do that this year if it happends again. I would hate to not breed Destiny because it does go away but boy it is a hassel to treat. Antibiotics work to a point but never really clear it up. I used Pen and then Naxcel for 10 days with Rocky.