Question about Chincoteague Ponies

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by SterlingAcres, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    There's a really long story behind all this, but to get straight to the point... I'd like to locate a Chincoteague Pony that my late Grandfather bought me as a child. I've been reading the website and it states that all horses need to be registered upon leaving.

I know my chances are probably slim to none, but it would mean a great deal to me if I could find Stormy or Sugar. They'd be roughly 20 years old by now. My grandparents sold them to a local farm in the early 90's. The passing of my grandmother has made me think about them a great deal this week.

How would I go about doing this? I'm not even sure what their registered names would be, but I know what we called them. They were a gift to me and my cousin.

Any suggestions or information would be really helpful. Thank you.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I see a lot of people looking for horses theyve sold on craiglist... do you have pictures? that would help

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I've got some additional information. They were not registered, just came with auction paperwork. Stormy was sold to a farm in Bangor PA. Sugar went to a farm in NJ. I have 1 image that has my cousin and I picking grass to feed the ponies. They were just babies in the photo. Stormy is the darker paint, Sugar is the lighter.

[​IMG]

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Post on www.dreamhorse.com They get a lot of hits. Try craigslists in the area they were sold to. Good luck! They're adorable!