The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, we just got a ten wk old Pygmy buck. I went out to feed this morning and his eyes have a lot of yellowish discharge is it pink eye or something else I need to treat? Never had a goat w eye discharge please help! Thanks so much!!' :)

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
How old is he? Does he have any other symptoms ? cough, fever, lethargic? if he is active eating, drinking, peeing, pooping..all the fun stuff..I would gently wash his eye with a rag and warm water...keep a watch on it and see how it does..he may have got something in it such as hay...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is he? Does he have any other symptoms ? cough, fever, lethargic? if he is active eating, drinking, peeing, pooping..all the fun stuff..I would gently wash his eye with a rag and warm water...keep a watch on it and see how it does..he may have got something in it such as hay...
We just got him on the 7th and he's 10 weeks old. He's eating, popping, acting normal. He is still trying to adjust to his new home. I just got to love on him yesterday. Thanks happybleats!!!!

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
I bet he is a doll...a bit of b complex can help with stress and a pea size dab of probios...: ) make your feed changes slow so not to upset his tummy...congrats ;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
it may be an adjustment to your hay. i know when we get a new batch of hay sometimes they get eye discharge. it could also be dusty hay. i would just clean his eyes with a baby wipe and if there are no other symptoms try some benadryl.

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
a cutie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts