question about eyelids?????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Feb 26, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok.....did fecal on the boys 11 days ago.....vet said worm them, so we did......checked them yesterday while out in the sun, we actually had sunshine yesterday :clap: ! I do not think their eyelids look as pink as they should......I came in looked on computer at the Famacha chart....I don't have a chart to take outside with me....their eyelids are pink, but not real pink.....they are acting fine, eating, drinking, playing, pooping, peeing....etc.....I did reworm them yesterday........Elwood is the one that loss his hair.....he does have fuzz coming back in under his pretty blue coat......I have checked and rechecked for lice on both boys....can't find a thing.....Elwoods skin is dry and flaky.....if he had mites, wouldn't I be seeing the same thing in Jake? I also have cleaned out their pen completely and put down all new bedding.....oh, and I have dusted both boys with sevin.
    Thanks for any advice or thoughts! Denise

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    unless you know what their eyelids looked like previous to all the new developements then I would say it is safe to assume that they just dont get as bright pink.

I had a doe who always looked paler thenI would like but that was her coloring - she never got to be dark pink.

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks Stacey......I feel better.....you know they have never been as pink as the chart shows for best color....so your probably right! :)