question about feed, LMF Gold, okay for goats?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I was wondering if LMF Gold would be good for goats to eat. I only wanted to add a small amount of it to their ration, just to condition them up a little. It has soy oil, and beet pulp in it.

Thanks in advance!
  2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Who makes it? What are the ingredients on the tag?

3. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Hi, my feed store carries LMF Gold as well and I have feed it to my goats when I was also giving it to my mini horses. SO yes it is safe and it is actually made their coat really sleek and shiney
  4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Thanks six shooter. That is what I am going for. LMF gold has a high oil content, and less sugar. So I wanted to condition them a little more without giving them a ton of molassas, which I don't think is really that great for them in my opinion. Regular grain ration has a ton of sugar, and I just worry about all of that.
  5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I dont know if i would feed it to them, as LMF Gold is intended for high energy very athletic horses.
    I think you would be better off just giving flax seed for skin and coat condition. The gold has quite a bit of beet pulp in it, and it also has quite a bit of sugar. The thing with horse feeds are they are not formulated for a ruminant, but rather a single stomached animal.