Question about flies/insects that might bite and treatment..

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by logansmommy7, May 1, 2010.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I have noticed that something is getting after my girls or it seems like it. I have put a fly trap in the stall to lessen (hopefully) the flies and I will be putting out some DE around. Is there anything you can put on them to keep things away? I have one doe due to kid this week...if that helps with answers. THANKS! :shrug:

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Re: Question about flies/insects that might bite and treatme

I use Bronco spray for horses. It keeps flies, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, no seeums, lice, mites and other assorted biting insects off my goats. I think a spray bottle of it is like $5.49 at TSC right now.

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009

Yes on some kind of spray. I also put out fly parasites every year, they send them every month from April to October. Their larvae eat fly larvae. It really helps reduce the numbers.

Jan

4. Galavanting Goat

Galavanting Goat New Member

Apr 27, 2010

we use yellow dusting sulphur in their food.

5. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

I give mine Garlic Barrier and rub Skin So Soft on them as needed. Makes them smell nice too. :)

Gina

6. Re: Question about flies/insects that might bite and treatme

I use Synergize down the back and it has worked great for coats as well as bugs. And a little goes a long way.

7. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009

Natural Horse Spray by NaturVet. I use it to repell insects off of sick or injured critters during their convalesence in the infirmary. Works and smells great but it does need to be reapplied as necessary e.g. on waterfowl, after they submerge or preen in a bowl of water. I also use it, depending on time of year, to keep bugs out of the poultry brooders until the hatchlings are at least a couple days old. And I would use it on my goats if flies or midges become a problem, just spray it onto a brush and brush it into their coats.

Deb Mc

8. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

Does anyone use a sulpher block? I've been wondering if that would help in the yard... :chin:

Gina