The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I shaved Libby's foreudder and shaved up to her belly button. When her foreudder stops...it's flabby until it reaches her belly button. It's not a hernia. What would it be? Just loose skin from shrinking down after having her babies? When she got a little fat last year...that is where some of her fat rolls where...she's not fat now, though. Could it be something to do with her milk veins?

I just would like to know. :) I don't want there to be anything wrong with her.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I agree, it could be edema. Can I ask, how is the extension on her fore udder? Pretty far? I have a doe(she's my unregistered doe) that has really good fore udder extension, she is a little on the heavy side and I noticed that it can be pretty flabby at times.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure...that flabby skin goes from her udder to her belly button. I mean...I can feel where her udder stops, but it's hard to say how long it is since she hasn't come into much milk. I milked her yesterday morning and I got 14 oz....she was holding some milk. Last night- 1lb. and this morning- 1lb. 1oz. Her udder doesn't completely milk down yet...I think it is because she just freshened and her mammary glands are probably swollen a bit.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Hmmmmm..... I don't know then :?

I've been having the same problem with milk coming in on my girls this year, and I haven't had trouble before. Their milk really starts to come in after a couple days, but in the beginning they had little. I'm thinking that for my girls it was that I forgot to take the salt out 2 months before. I've read salt causes water retension and congested udders at kidding.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is just edema. It has gone down a lot this morning. Libby milk 1lb. 3oz. last night and 1lb. 5oz. this morning! "Slow and steady wins the race!" Mom said! :ROFL:

Now see my other thread about Squirt....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts