The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Either Sevin dust or DE will work and wont hurt her ....I use DE when I dust mine cause I ordered alot of it when I couldnt find any Sevin dust. Both work and wont hurt them. Good lcuk and when she freshens I would worm her with a good wormer and it will take care of the other lice that might hatch later on, plus any worms she might have hiding too.

·
Registered
8,471 Posts
you may want to check out the thread from about a week and a half ago that I did titled "I found external parasites - help!

I have a doe that is nursing, and goats that are prego and she said that I can use anything that says that it is ok for Dairy cattle. I used Permectrin II on mine ......

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I will just get some sevin dust. I think they have it at Walmart. I thought I had seen a thread about it, but when I posted the question I tried to find it and couldn't. I will look again.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Do your goats have lice? If so, then make sure you also sprinkle the dust in the bedding where they stay. I promise that will mean those little brats are everywhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have noticed mostly on just one goat, that she has hair loss (not bad just a very small patch) on the back of her neck, and there were a couple of really small dried spots of blood. I tried to look for the bugs, but couldn't see any. I had read somewhere that this might be what it was. I am not for sure though. I do plan to take a fecal test on her tomorrow to the vet.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
One thing that works GREAT for lice is lavender essential oil. Just take a little bit and put it in water and put it over their topline. I had a sick buckling that I had to have in the house last spring, one day I was petting him and I noticed that he had a bunch of lice, I put the lavender EO on him and in 5 minutes those little stinkers were leaving him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts