Question about ligaments?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Adam Spires, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Active Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    One of my does is getting really close and I’m wondering if what i’m seeing is early labor or just her acting weird. I’ve had goats for a few years now and I’m usually good about telling if they’re in labor or not.

So for starters she’s 141 days pregnant today..I’m expecting her to deliver on the 8th. She’s filing her udder very rapidly and it’s super tight. Her vulva is pooching and it’s super pink. And when I checked her ligaments tonight, 1 was missing but the other one was there... So my question is, is it possible for her to lose one a few days early and then lose the other one? I’ve never had a doe do this before lol.:)

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes..they can. One of my does doesnt lose 1 of her ligaments till shes in labor. Its does get soft..but does not.go away till labor.

3. Adam Spires

Adam Spires Active Member

Oct 26, 2020
    Ohio
    Okay good:) I was so confused because she only had one that I could find.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Yep, happens a lot in my herd. One will go, then come back the next day(or hour), then the other will go, then they will seem to both go, then are totally there the next day (doh) They love to keep you guessing. I have even had 3 does now that delivered with their ligaments still easily felt.