The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My four girls seem to be getting really wide in the mid section. I'veHad them for about a year now. They are about 95% grass fed. I give them a medicated feed every once and a while. But all four have just gotten really wide. They seem to be acting normal and very active. Just wondering if this ok . Thanks in advanced ill try to get picture here in a min.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
if they are acting normal, eating, drinking, pooping berries, bright eye and alert..then most likely they have large rumens which is a good thing..

you could have a fecal done tobe sure they are not wormy..just to rule that out

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
My four girls seem to be getting really wide in the mid section. I'veHad them for about a year now. They are about 95% grass fed. I give them a medicated feed every once and a while. But all four have just gotten really wide. They seem to be acting normal and very active. Just wondering if this ok . Thanks in advanced ill try to get picture here in a min.
Wide through the middle is usually a sign of a healthy rumen. There is no point in feeding medicated feed "every once and a while" and can lead to a lot of problems - i.e. resistance to whatever the feed was designed to prevent.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to you guys I believe they are just fine. What type of worming do you use? And is there anything natural I can use to worm them with. I would like to keep them 100% natural. Which is why this concerned me because I haven't given them any feed in about 6 months. So I was concerned they may have worms.

·
Super Moderator
58,830 Posts
You can always do Fir Meadow Herbals. I would have a fecal test done at the vet to include coccidia to see where you are with parasites.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
Molly herbs from fiasco farm is another choice and I think Hoeggers has one too...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts