Question about Oberhasli's

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Suellen, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    We bought 3 Obers March 4th. :hammer: Clover gave birth to a girl Tuesday. Here is the question, has anyone ever
    seen skin tassels on an Ober? Clovers little girl has skin tassels. :scratch: Clover is a papered Ober and we
    were told bred with a papered Ober. We are inquiring as to whether the buck has skin tassels. I did an
    internet search but didn't find anything conclusive.
    Suellen

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you mean waddles? yes some goats get them it isnt just an oberhasli thing.

BTW I LOVE obers! they are so sweet use to raise them before the minis

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I've never had obes with wattles but since they are a swiss breed yes they can get them :)

4. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I am in love with the Ober the lady i bought my goats from has. She is SOOOO pretty!

i think we could better answer this question if we had lots and lots of pictures. *innocent smile*

5. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    yip, they can be on them like the others said :thumb:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    along the same lines ... do nubians get them? I dont think I've ever seen an anglo nubian with waddles ...

I know boers shouldnt get them, neither should proper angoras ... rangelands get them because of the heavy dairy influence ... really I've only seen them on the swiss breeds ... saanen, british alpine, togg, meelan and brown ... hmmmmmmmmm

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Purebred Nubians arnt suposed to have wattles, americans can. Others will argue the point.
    beth

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    quote sparks879- Purebred Nubians arnt suposed to have wattles, americans can. Others will argue the point.
    beth
    I have seen nubians that were supposed to be Purebred with them but they aren't supposed to.