Question About Our Website

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Nov 20, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I am thinking of changing some things on our website. Should I have individual pages for all of our goats??? Some people mentioned before that it looked kind of cluttered or something. . . . should I change it by having individual pages?

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I think it looks nice the way it is. . . but you could change the background of the tables you have on there---it's kind of hard to read with the purple and white background. But otherwise I love it!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Olivia Rose...I love it the way it is . :love: ..it is a beautiful site...with real nice pics.... :) :thumbup:
    well put together in my opinion... :)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think it looks nice.

The only part that I feel is "cluttered" would be the Home page. seems like you have a lot on a home page :shrug:

Also when you click on each individual page the page you are on's tab goes 'missing' which gets quite confusing at first. But that probably is a template thing.

I didnt notice the pedigrees hard to read. :shrug:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Olivia...I like it the way it is...easy enough to find all that you have to offer.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I actually think it's great how it is. Not clustered at all. I think individual pages would get a little confusing though. :shrug: If you change it.

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    if you DO want to do individual pages it may help to have a main doe page, with the name,age, color and possibly a littleinfo . . .and then on top of the of the page a Back and Next sign? :shrug:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I don't really want to do individual pages, sounds like a big project right now and once I get started it's hard to stop. . . .

No, it's not the template. I put the links in myself. I didn't keep the tabs for that page on there because I figured the person is already seeing that page so do not need the tab to get to it, since they are already there. :shrug: If that makes any sense at all. :)

I think I will simplify a few things on the home page. I do want to leave the information about us as I think it is important for people to know how we got started and what our goals are. But I think I'll take off a couple things. If anyone wants to suggest something, please do! I'm all for it! :D

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think the about us information is better as its own page. To me when I look at a home page I want the basics and the lowdown not a whole scroll down and down and down. But if i like what I see I continue to read and I love it when there is an about us page.

When i first started my website I had it all on one page then I changed it and had the home page be a welcome page and a quick intro to entice people in then I have the about us stuff on a separate page.

Again thats just me