The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of changing some things on our website. Should I have individual pages for all of our goats??? Some people mentioned before that it looked kind of cluttered or something. . . . should I change it by having individual pages?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I think it looks nice the way it is. . . but you could change the background of the tables you have on there---it's kind of hard to read with the purple and white background. But otherwise I love it!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I think it looks nice.

The only part that I feel is "cluttered" would be the Home page. seems like you have a lot on a home page :shrug:

Also when you click on each individual page the page you are on's tab goes 'missing' which gets quite confusing at first. But that probably is a template thing.

I didnt notice the pedigrees hard to read. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
if you DO want to do individual pages it may help to have a main doe page, with the name,age, color and possibly a littleinfo . . .and then on top of the of the page a Back and Next sign? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I don't really want to do individual pages, sounds like a big project right now and once I get started it's hard to stop. . . .

Also when you click on each individual page the page you are on's tab goes 'missing' which gets quite confusing at first. But that probably is a template thing.
No, it's not the template. I put the links in myself. I didn't keep the tabs for that page on there because I figured the person is already seeing that page so do not need the tab to get to it, since they are already there. :shrug: If that makes any sense at all. :)

I think I will simplify a few things on the home page. I do want to leave the information about us as I think it is important for people to know how we got started and what our goals are. But I think I'll take off a couple things. If anyone wants to suggest something, please do! I'm all for it! :D

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I think the about us information is better as its own page. To me when I look at a home page I want the basics and the lowdown not a whole scroll down and down and down. But if i like what I see I continue to read and I love it when there is an about us page.

When i first started my website I had it all on one page then I changed it and had the home page be a welcome page and a quick intro to entice people in then I have the about us stuff on a separate page.

Again thats just me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts