Question About Petsitting

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by capriola-nd, Nov 3, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I occasionally do some petsitting. . . . a friend of mine's co-worker needs someone to watch her senior cat December 24-28. I don't celebrate Christmas so I don't mind it being a holiday or anything.

My question is this. She said she would pay $25 a night, maybe more. I have looked up other petsitting services in this area and for overnight stays (she wants overnight) it's about $45-55 a night. Too much in my opinion (although I wouldn't mind getting paid that!) She's not willing to. :( Anyways, I would be feeding the cat, watering, all that basic stuff and giving an oral medication morning and night. I don't have to stay there during the day.

It is about 9 miles from my home to hers. Getting 0.50 per mile would be $36 extra dollars in gas for the whole trip. So, I'm thinking of charging the $25 a night and $36 extra in gasoline and driving time. What do you guys think?? Also, has anyone done this before? I figure I should really have a release form for her to sign in case something happens. Also, a form that says I can take the kitty to the vet if needed. Anybody know where to get these?? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :D
  2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I did pet sitting at one point. I charged $75 a night... but that was usually for dogs and horses. I never stayed overnight for a cat. I did charge for gas if it was outside of my business area. For a regular quick visit I charged $15.
  4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i feed my old 4h leaders miniature horses when she goes to shows or vacations. i charge 20 dollars per morning, 30 for nights (have to do her 15 dogs too) ad cleaning is 7 dollas a pen.

we usually get 400 for the whole trip shes away