The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting all my breeding clan tested for all the diseases today. I'm contemplating selling my Nubian/Lamancha girls, they are just too much for me to handle really, and the butt the others around like crazy unless you are a male.. Haha! I was going to head up to an oberhasli farm to look at getting an oberhasli doe, but the lady stated that all her kids were in quarantine due to sore mouth, but no adults have it. I'm skeptical on getting anything out of there. Is my skepticism warranted???? I've read up on it and it scares me:( I'm just curious what you would do. I know none of my heard has any of that thank God!!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Janeen, I don't have an answer, but I was wondering if you could tell me what sore mouth is?
Look it up online, it is I virus that attacks really sheep and goats, and it can be transferable to humans. The pictures were enough to scare me.... Eeeek!!! not messing with that stuff....:(

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after doing testing found out one of my big girls are pregnant!! The lady helping me bobbed for kids, and I felt a head..... Too cool!!!! One of my kinders is also pregnant:) so, I'm keeping all of them. My poor Rosie though has a severe copper deficiency, and hoof scald. Poor baby, and I missed the hoof scald all together:( I feel so bad. We gave antibiotics, and some pain meds. I copper bolused her a few weeks ago... So hoping that we are on track for getting her up and moving... I feel so bad though, I just thought she had uneven hooves, I'm still learning though, but I feel like a bad goat mom:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts