question about traveling with baby goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Do I need a health cert to bring them home across state lines? Also, ditto for shows when they are older.

2. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    sorry, couldnt tell ya bout that sort of thing what with the country difference

but I thought I would chime in and say when I travel tiny babies, if at all possible I have them on the floor of the passenger seat in my truck, if they have to go in the back with other goats I put them in a dog/cat crate so there is no chance of them being squished by the big goats

Actually I am in the habit of travelling to shows with a spare dog crate, most of the time I'm hauling heavy pregnant does, that way if one of them kids at the show I have the crate for travelling home

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I must be weird. My babies travel on my lap in the truck or in a large dog crate in the tack room of the trailer. I make sure I pack everything that they need for a car trip. Tashie loves watching the land scape go by and also when you pull up to a stop sign people waven and gettign excited over her.

We travel to other states for our petting zoo. For the younger goats until they are 6 months we normaly do nto need anything on them. I knwo our older goats that are above 6 months we have to have record of scabbies free (just started to have to have this) and also rabbies. But it might be different with a shwo goat. Ours are in the guide lines of USDA.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if they are small enough to travel in a car then nobody is going to see them - i fyou have a horse trailer or stock trailer then yes i would get health certificates just in case you get stopped.