Question about WADDL form...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Oct 18, 2008.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I'm planning to send some blood samples to WADDL on Monday....so I was wondering...on the accession form where the heck do you write what you want the animals tested for? I'm sure it's simple and I'm just overlooking something...please help...lol...

Also...in the part for Vet/Case Coordinator do you just write down yourself? I would consider myself the "case coordinator" since I'm the one drawing blood and sending the samples in and the results are geting sent to me...but I wasn't sure. I want to fill this out right so I don't cause them any hassle and look like an idiot... :oops:

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty sure you'd write your name under course coordinator, but I don't know how to answer your other question, sorry =\

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    For vet name I just put N/A. Always works for me.

I always need to use the extra form for multiple animals lol. On that form it has a place to write what tests you want done.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Where's Allison when we need her! :D She's always really good about bloodwork!

5. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Like Runaround I also use the Multiple Animal Sheet and on there it ask what tests are required. But once I did have to send in a lone sample and I just checked the Serology box and there where it says "Specimen submitted", I just placed the animals name/Id number along with what tests needed done in (). And it must have been okay because it got done. :wink:

And yep, if you drew the blood you would be considered the Case Coordinator.

Hope that helps some.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ok, I checked in before we hed home today and wanted to write you.

On the acquisition from you are the case mananger - but NOT the DVM like you mentioned.

As far as tests that you would like - you can put that at the bottom of the acquisition form in the comments to please run .......... tests. If you "suspect" something you can also write that in. Under animal - just write multiple and attach the herd sheet.

If you have more questions, let me know! I will be back on later tonight to check in when we get home :wink:

7. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Thank you soooo much for taking the time to do that, Allison! Thank you, everyone for your replies. I am very relieved...those forms can be confusing sometimes!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    make sure you use their account number and go to FEDEX.com and print a shipping label. They will charge you their cost for the shipping and it is WAY cheap!!!

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That is really good to know! Is their account number on the website?

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yes it is under the mailing section I believe it is. WAY cheaper then if you mail it yourself and then they just add it to the bill for you. You can even have Fedex pick it straight up for you.

Here is the link - then scroll down to #9 that is where the account number is located. Then go to FedEx.com to print your label or take to a Fedex outlet and give them that account number and the address to mail the package to (also located in #9)

http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/depts_waddl/fees.aspx

11. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Allison! I'll definitely use that info. :)

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I used fedex and their account once and they didn't even charge me for the shipping. Now they've closed all fedex locations in my area so I have to use UPS and its costly.

13. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    The nearest Fedex office to me is about 25 miles...but that's okay since we were headed that way anyhow...I didn't want to try to schedule a pick-up because I didn't know when we'd be home today...

Anyway, I did get it all taken care of...so I want to thank everyone again for your help--I really appreciate it :)