The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a little complicated to add things to my Breeding Schedule on my website with the way I had to set it up. Does anyone know how to link a document that was created in WordPerfect to a Freewebs website where it will come up in the paragraph?? (I may have just confused everyone.... if so let me know, I really don't know a better way to describe my question :( )

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
In some cases you can just link to it in your website editor and then upload the file to your website.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I just added a word document to my 2007 breeding schedule. Go all the way to the bottom of the page.
http://www.sweetgumminis.com/2007_breedings.htm

All I did was go to my frontpage editor and link the words "test page" to my word document and then I uploaded the 2007 breeding schedule page and the word document to my website and it is linked. That's all you'd need to do.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok..... I tried what I thought you were saying to do and it didn't work (I am VERY dumb when it comes to the website stuff).

This is the way I did the breeding schedule that I already have on there. I created a table in WordPerfect and spaced everything out the way I wanted it (because for some reason when you creat a table through freewebs it messes up all of the dimensions). Then I copied and pasted that table onto a new page in freewebs. Then I added the pictures and text as I wanted to.

What I would like to have is a table on freewebs that I could add rows/columns to (like you can on Wordperfect) either before or after a row/column. This way I don't have to create new tables everytime I need to add a Doe to my breeding schedule. I was wanting to creat a table in WordPerfect that will include all of my information and pictures (which I already know how to do), and then what I need to know how to do it copy and paste or attach that table onto my freewebs page. I have tried to save the document as a html and that didn't work because then it would only insert a link to it instead of the actual table. I tried to upload it directly to freewebs and it wouldn't do it. I tried to upload it to photobucket, no luck their either. I tried to simply copy and paste it to freewebs, but it would only paste the table and text, and not the pictures. HELP!!! :cry: I am sure you probably just told me how to do it but..... it just isn't sinking in my brain.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I'm not sure how freewebs works.

I don't use an online page editor, I use frontpage and before that I used netscape composer. You design the pages on your computer like Word perfect and then upload them like a picture to your website. All links are included when you build your site.

I don't know why you can't do a table. I guess someone more familiar with freewebs might have to chime in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts