Question About Website! Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Dec 29, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    It is a little complicated to add things to my Breeding Schedule on my website with the way I had to set it up. Does anyone know how to link a document that was created in WordPerfect to a Freewebs website where it will come up in the paragraph?? (I may have just confused everyone.... if so let me know, I really don't know a better way to describe my question :( )

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    You mean like have it come up in a new window but its viewed as a document? Have you tried converting it to PDF?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she would have to move it to a web file first - this is not something I am familiar with doing.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    In some cases you can just link to it in your website editor and then upload the file to your website.

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I just added a word document to my 2007 breeding schedule. Go all the way to the bottom of the page.
    http://www.sweetgumminis.com/2007_breedings.htm

All I did was go to my frontpage editor and link the words "test page" to my word document and then I uploaded the 2007 breeding schedule page and the word document to my website and it is linked. That's all you'd need to do.

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok..... I tried what I thought you were saying to do and it didn't work (I am VERY dumb when it comes to the website stuff).

This is the way I did the breeding schedule that I already have on there. I created a table in WordPerfect and spaced everything out the way I wanted it (because for some reason when you creat a table through freewebs it messes up all of the dimensions). Then I copied and pasted that table onto a new page in freewebs. Then I added the pictures and text as I wanted to.

What I would like to have is a table on freewebs that I could add rows/columns to (like you can on Wordperfect) either before or after a row/column. This way I don't have to create new tables everytime I need to add a Doe to my breeding schedule. I was wanting to creat a table in WordPerfect that will include all of my information and pictures (which I already know how to do), and then what I need to know how to do it copy and paste or attach that table onto my freewebs page. I have tried to save the document as a html and that didn't work because then it would only insert a link to it instead of the actual table. I tried to upload it directly to freewebs and it wouldn't do it. I tried to upload it to photobucket, no luck their either. I tried to simply copy and paste it to freewebs, but it would only paste the table and text, and not the pictures. HELP!!! :cry: I am sure you probably just told me how to do it but..... it just isn't sinking in my brain.

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm not sure how freewebs works.

I don't use an online page editor, I use frontpage and before that I used netscape composer. You design the pages on your computer like Word perfect and then upload them like a picture to your website. All links are included when you build your site.

I don't know why you can't do a table. I guess someone more familiar with freewebs might have to chime in.

8. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you for trying! I guess I will just keep doing it the way I am. The way I am doing it works, don't get me wrong, I just figured that there had to be a better way to do it.