question if doe is pregnant

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by sjcummings, Nov 12, 2010.

1. sjcummings

sjcummings New Member

May 28, 2010
    This is my first time breding my does. They are nigerian dwarf and my one doe is 2 and is slightly overweight and this is the first time she is bred. I have not been able to know when she was in heat but I took her to be bred and she was there with the male for 3 weeks. She has been home now for 2 weeks and I noticed a yellow crusty on her vulva when off looks like some white mucous. Is this normal or did the breeding not take or maybe starting to abort fetus.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This would be a normal type of discharge, hopefully the 3 week stay with the buck did some good.....but now you'll be on edge and pulling your hair out waiting because she'll have a 3week span for a due date. :wink:

IF she didn't settle, you will likely notice a heat now with her, tail flagging, vocal etc because she'll still have the smell of the buck on her.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz.... it may be the after affects of her last heat and breeding... but you may not of noticed it til now...... test her again 18 to 21 days from when she was bred..... try to watch for tail wagging....swollen vulva....more verbal...riding other Does....messy tail...... from clear discharge.... ect...good luck ....hope she already took for you..... :thumb:

4. sjcummings

sjcummings New Member

May 28, 2010
    I took her to a place to be with a buck because I had a hard time with her figuring out if she was in heat. she does not talk much except when she sees me with food for her. She is not mounting or have a swollen vulva at this time. her tail is up but she is not waving it. I am really hoping she is bred because the breeder does not have the buck anymore that she was bred too. I

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I hope she is already bred for ya... :pray: ....I guess you will find out soon enough ....write down dates.....to whom she was exposed to.... so there is no confusion..... :wink: :thumb: